Monday, September 04, 2006

They Want Me for Govenor!


Last May 19-20, 2006 I attended the Northwest Magic Jamboree in Newberg, Oregon just outside of Portland and had an absolute blast with magicians friends Don Kenney and Bill Turner.

Between the shows, dealers and awesome magic auction (I unloaded everything I'd brought and bought a couple of treasures), and the down-home and friendly attitudes of attendees it was truly one of the best magic conventions – if you can call it that -- I've had the pleasure of participating in.


While lunching on the first day, I noticed a political sign that I just had to get a shot of outside our restaurant. I can just see the headlines;

Newberg Spellbound by L.A. Humorist Tim Mannix, Proposes Governorship with Aggressive Fastrack Campaign

or perhaps...

Oregonians Enthralled with California Magician, Locals Insist Mannix Enter Gubernatorial Race

Yes, now I can tell people, “They loved me so much in Oregon they want me for Governor!” You know, I do believe I could get used to this sort of response to my casual visits.

No comments: