Friday, January 08, 2010

Good Enough is Good Enough


Last Thursday night I had my regular magicians meeting with the International Brotherhood of Magicians (Hollywood Ring 21) in downtown Los Angeles at the the Bob Baker Marionette Theater. This venue is the perfect setting for our group and has been an LA institution for children for over 45 years.

Our them theme for the night was silk magic, so I had to prepare something really good or should I say good enough. I performed a silk change by Barry Mitchell, where a picture silk of an eyeball changes to a picture silk of a human hand. The patter that accompanies the routine is about whether or not the hand is quicker than the eye. By the end, the eyeball changes to the hand, so I conclude as a magician that the hand is quicker than the eye since this change occurs right in my hands and there is no trace of the eyeball silk.


My new phrase this year is "good enough is good enough." The thinking behind it is, if you wait until something is perfect, it will probably NEVER get done, so "good enough is good enough, just get it done.


By the way, I am committed to blogging more in 2010. So, be on the lookout for far more posts than ever before from me. If you've seen one of my shows and would consider writing a positive review of the show on Go City Kids, just visit the link below.

http://gocitykids.parentsconnect.com/attraction/tim-mannix-los-angeles-ca-90046-us

I would truly appreciate it....and thanks in advance.


Until next time, I am....magically yours.


Tim Mannix
www.UltimateBirthdayMagicShow.com


** Look What People Are Saying **

“…perfect balance between adult & child humor!” Patricia Benson, Los Angeles
“...way beyond our expectations.” - Julie Black, San Clemente

"Tweet Me on Twitter"

www.twitter.com/timmannix

"Be a Fan on Facebook"

www.facebook.com/tjmagic

No comments: